Google search engine
HomeIndiaAgnipath making our forces into one of world’s best: Rajnath Singh |...

Agnipath making our forces into one of world’s best: Rajnath Singh | India News


NEW DELHI: The “game-changing” Agnipath scheme will act as a “force multiplier” in transforming the Indian armed forces into one of the best in the world, with a youthful, high-tech and combat-ready military to face future challenges, defence minister Rajnath Singh said on Tuesday.
The minister was speaking through video-conferencing at an event during which the defence, education and skill development ministries inked agreements and MoUs to facilitate continued education of ‘Agniveers’ while serving in the armed forces and award them appropriate skill certificates in accordance with their expertise and experience to help them in their second careers.

Training of Vayu Agniveers commences at ATS Belagavi

Training of Vayu Agniveers commences at ATS Belagavi

Under the Agnipath scheme announced in June last year, 26,000 Agniveers (20,000 for Army and 3,000 each for IAF and Navy) have already begun their training. Another 20,000 are slated to join Army regimental centres for training in February-March.
Only 25% of these 46,000 soldiers, airmen and sailors will eventually be selected to serve for another 15 years after the first four years. The rest 75% will be demobilised with the Seva Nidhi exit package of Rs 11.71 lakh each.
Under the MoUs inked with the National Institute of Open School (NIOS) and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), suitable 12th Class certificates and bachelor’s degrees will be awarded to these Agniveers. With this, the defence minister said, Agniveers will be able to complete their education in a timely manner and develop additional qualities and skills.



RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments